How Effective Is Laser Hair Removal?
Whether it’s thick dark hair on the arms and legs or little hairs on the upper lip, unwanted hair can be a nightmare for women. Many people have unwanted hair all over the body caused by genetics, medications, hormonal imbalance, and conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome.
This unwanted hair can be removed using several methods, which include shaving, plucking, creams, hot wax, threading, and electrolysis. These are often painful, frustrating, and time-consuming. If you are looking for a better way, consider laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal: Your New Effective Solution
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. In this procedure, the melanin pigment in the hair absorbs the light emitted by the laser. The laser energy, which is converted into heat, damages the hair follicles within the skin. This damage to the hair follicles delays or even obstructs future hair growth.
Laser hair removal has been proved to effectively delay hair growth for long periods, but it does not always result in permanent hair removal. This treatment is used specifically to reduce unwanted hair. It requires several treatments to be able to see the desired results.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal offers a number of benefits:
• Lasers target only the hair, leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
• Most patients experience permanent hair reduction after several treatments.
• Lasers can treat many hairs at the same time.
• Lasers can treat small precise areas such as the upper lip, fingers, and toes
The Palomar Icon Laser
The Palomar Icon by Cynosure is recognized to be a top-of-the-line complete aesthetic system offering safe and effective results. It is known for its innovative and modern technology, which can perform faster and safer than other lasers on the market.
The Palomar Icon is a multi-tasker that combines a fractional laser and intense pulsed light technology, reducing the need for multiple machines. The machine can provide different levels of treatments and can meet various requirements according to the patient’s needs.
Benefits of the Palomar Icon Laser
The Palomar Icon laser has several benefits that many other lasers do not offer:
• It maximizes the treatment results by reducing energy loss.
• It can be adjusted according to skin tone and the desired results.
• The built-in advanced cooling system comforts and protects the skin.
• The melanin density of the skin is determined by the Palomar Icon laser prior to the treatment.
Are You a Good Candidate?
If you’re interested in laser hair removal, you must remember the following:
• Since one of the primary targets of the laser is melanin, the treatment may not be suitable for darker skin types.
• Like any other laser treatment, it is not appropriate for pregnant women.
• Individuals with a history of cold sores or herpes simplex virus have to be pretreated before taking this treatment.
• Medications such as blood thinners may increase the risk of side effects.
Schedule Your Laser Hair-Removal Session
Get rid of that unwanted hair today – contact the office of Dr. Anthony Cavazos, an experienced board-certified family physician, to schedule a laser hair-removal consultation.